Below, you will find detailed information on what Cookies are, the type of Cookies used by the website, how you can disable them in your browser and how to specifically block third-party Cookies from installing.
- What are cookies?
Cookies are files installed by websites or applications on the user’s browser or device (smartphone, tablet or connected TV) while browsing through pages of the site or application, which serve the purpose of storing information about their visit.
- Ensure that websites function properly.
- Store preferences, such as language selection or font size.
- Know the user’s browsing experience.
- Collect anonymous statistical information, such as the pages the user has visited or how long the user has stayed on the website.
- Typology, purpose and operation
Depending on their permanence, Cookies can be divided into session or permanent cookies. Session Cookies expire when the user closes the browser. Permanent Cookies expire when the purpose for which they are used is fulfilled (for example, to keep the user identified on the website) or when they are manually deleted.
Additionally, depending on their purpose, Cookies can be classified as follows:
- Strictly necessary (technical): These are essential for the correct functioning of the site They are usually generated when users access or log in to the website, and are used to identify them on the website for the following purposes:
- Keep the user identified so that, if they leave the website, browser or device and return to the website at another time, they will continue to be identified, thus facilitating browsing without having to log in again.
- Check if the user is authorised to access certain services or areas of the website.
- Preference: : Thanks to preference cookies, the website remembers information that changes the way the site behaves or looks, such as the user’s preferred language or region.
- Performance: They improve browsing experience and optimise website operation, for example: storing service configurations or storing the purchase made in a shopping cart
- Advertising or Marketing: They collect information about the ads shown to users of the website They can be of two types:
- Anonymous: They only collect information about the advertising spaces displayed on the website, regardless of the user accessing the website, i.e., without expressly identifying the user.
- Customised: Collect personal information of the website user by a third party, for the customisation of such advertising spaces.
- Geolocation: These Cookies are used to find out the user’s country or region when accessing a website service, in order to offer content or services appropriate to their location.
- Analytical: They collect information about the user’s browsing experience on the website, usually anonymously, although sometimes they also uniquely and unequivocally identify the user in order to obtain reports on the interests of users in the services offered by the website.
- Statistical: Statistical cookies help website owners understand how visitors interact with websites by anonymously gathering and providing information.
- Cookies used on this Website
The following table shows the Cookies used on this website, including a “level of intrusiveness” criterion based on a scale from 1 to 2, in which:
- Level 1: Cookies correspond to those strictly necessary for the provision of the service requested by the user.
- Level 2: Cookies usually correspond to advertising or analytical Cookies, in which case the user is identified in a unique and obvious way We report and seek authorisation on this second kind of cookies.
- Level 3: Cookies are used for internal measurement with Google Analytics.
Table of cookies used
- Own cookies:
|Name||Purpose||Time they remain active||Editor|
|SERVERID110745||This cookie shows which server has provided the response to the website browsing request||Session Cookie: At the end of the browsing session|
|_icl_current_language||Preference or customisation cookie: it is used to remember the language selected by the user and show the contents in the same language while browsing.||Persistent Cookie: 1 day|
- Third-party cookies:
|Name||Purpose||Time they remain active||Editor|
Preference or customisation
|Persistent Cookie: 6 months|
|IDE||Advertising Cookie.||Persistent Cookie: 1 year|
|GPS||Enables GPS tracking based on geographic location.||Persistent Cookie: 30 minutes|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||Cookie used to play videos on the website.||Persistent Cookie: 6 months|
|YSC||Analysis or measuring cookies, It records a unique ID to keep statistics on which YouTube videos the user has viewed.||Session Cookie: At the end of the browsing session|
It registers on which domain the YouTube video is played.
|_ga||Analysis or measuring cookies, Used to distinguish users.||Persistent Cookie: 2 years|
|_gat||Analysis or measuring cookies, It is used to limit the percentage of requests.||Persistent Cookie: 1 minute|
|_gid||Analysis or measuring cookies, Used to distinguish users.||Persistent Cookie: 1 day|
The portal owned by HUMANITAS BILINGUAL SCHOOL contains links to third-party websites, whose privacy policies are unrelated to those of COLEGIO HUMANITAS BILINGUAL SCHOOL. By accessing such websites, the user can decide whether to accept their privacy and cookie policies or not. In general, if you surf the Internet you can accept or reject third-party cookies using your browser settings.
- Accept, Deny, Revoke Consent or Delete Cookies
If you wish to revoke consent or delete Cookies, you can do so from the browser.
It is possible to change the Cookie settings on all current browsers; these settings are usually found in the ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ menu of your browser.
There are other third party tools, available on-line, that allow users to detect Cookies on each website they visit and manage their deactivation: For example, Ghostery: (https://www.ghostery.com).
- What happens when I disable Cookies?
Some features and services may be disabled or have a different behaviour than expected, for example, remaining identified or receiving information directed to your location, among others.
- Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. a Delaware company whose main office is at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View (California), CA 94043, United States (“Google”).
Google Analytics uses “Cookies,” which are text files installed in your computer, to help the website analyse how users utilise it. The information generated by the Cookie regarding the use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the U.S. Google will use this information on our behalf for the purpose of tracking your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services
related to the activity of the website and the use of Internet. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.